Exerpts of protocol from High Command:
Barfleet has always recognized the need for some degree of protocol, for sake of maintaining some semblance of order in the lives of both officers and their slav…subordinates. As such, we occasionally introduce interesting, amusing, or curiously incomprehensible rules and regulations aboard ship. These protocols are largely ignored unless they present some form entertainment to the guests of the Barfleet, so we try to limit the number of protocols we’re actively enforcing to correspond to the number of guests we have on board at the time.
In other words, big events require use of protocol. Smaller ones… eh, who’s gonna’ notice? Party Rules
Official Barfleet Command Party Rules:
1. Guests must be 21 or over, with valid government-issued photo identification to enter this party. NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. To enter this party, guests may also be required to show their convention-issued identification prior to admission, if required by the rules of the convention.
3. No cameras, camera phones, or any other recording devices are permitted inside the party. If a guest is found in possession of a camera, camera phone, or any other recording device, that guest will be removed from the party. Barfleet reserves the right to remove photos or other recordings of this party from said devices. Barfleet Staff are not guests, and may carry and use such devices.
4. If you enter this party, it is likely that you will be photographed by Barfleet personnel for publication on Barfleet’s web site. If you do not wish your likeness to be used in publication, do not enter this party.
5. This party may provide entertainment that would be considered “adult-oriented.” If this is not appropriate by your own personal standards, you may choose to leave at any time.
6. If you wish to bring alcohol to this party, you must give this alcohol to the bar staff upon entry, and only Barfleet designated bar staff may dispense this alcohol. Any alcohol brought into this party by a guest is considered a donation, and is thereby property of Barfleet Enterprises, Inc. Barfleet reserves the right to remove from this party any guest found to be in possession of his or her own alcohol who refuses to donate it.
7. Our bar staff must act as law requires, and may refuse to serve any person that Barfleet Staff personnel believes has exceeded his or her tolerance for adult beverages.
8. Barfleet reserves the right to remove from this party any guest that behaves in any fashion that would be illegal, or any guest that fails to comply with the rules presented here, or the instructions of any member of the staff.
9. NO TOURBOTS!
Of course, these are the “letter of the law.” I fully expect individual Captains to maintain the “Spirit of the Law” without blind adherence to the Letter. But please remember that every one of these rules is there because we found out the hard way that we needed them to be.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.